1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup water
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water and onion. Blend in salt, celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs; drain fat.
In an 11x7 inch baking dish, combine the tomato sauce and 1 cup of water. Place the browned meatballs into the tomato sauce, turning to coat well.
Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
06-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Never heard of porcupines, so definitely a nice interesting name that really drew me to this thread. Looks like a great recipee. I am interested in trying this out. I just have two questions. What is celery salt? Do we need to use black pepper? since I don't like it! Thanks a lot that really helpsSmile>
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
(06-02-2012 02:44 PM)AlisonP0 Wrote:  Never heard of porcupines, so definitely a nice interesting name that really drew me to this thread. Looks like a great recipee. I am interested in trying this out. I just have two questions. What is celery salt? Do we need to use black pepper? since I don't like it! Thanks a lot that really helpsSmile>

You can find celery salt in the seasoning section of your grocery store. Usually any seasoning is just for taste. I rarely add black pepper to my cooking cause I don't like it.
06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't like black pepper either kimistar, and thank you for taking your time to answer that I was also wondering about the celery salt so thanks on that too. Back to black pepper my only point is actually, it can taste good if you keep it minimally and work well if you do it right. Thanks for your post.
06-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Thank you kimistarr for your help and same with you guys alison and hannah. I plan on using but the celery spice and black pepper even though I'll cut down on the black pepper because I don't like it a lot. Thanks for the posts.
07-11-2012, 02:42 AM
I have been looking for this recipe. My ex MIL used to make these and I miss them.